Dugualla Community, Inc.
Board Meeting Minutes 1-18-2023
Attending: Steve Hucke, Leslie Wagner, Mark Van Wyngarden, James Jolly, Myron Parry, J.D. Ray, Graig Habermann, Julie Chan
Absent: Shawn Albert
1.The meeting at the clubhouse was called to order at 6 PM by President Steve Hucke.
2.Minutes from 12/21/2022 Board Meeting: Motion to approve as submitted made by Graig, seconded by JD Ray.  Passed unanimously.
3.Treasurer’s Report: See attached report.  Bank balance as of December 31, 2022 is $521,458.23 with $391,358.88 in money market account, $130,099.35 in checking account.  Julie to report starting Jan 2023 using QuickBooks format.  Mark suggested doing the reports on a June 1 to May 31 fiscal year.
a.Water main replacement report: Still assessing the proposal.  Graig reported that the proposal shows installing the line on the side of the street where there is no utility easement.  Graig suggested developing a more detailed scope of work.  Steve emphasized that we need to specify the work we want done and not tell the contractor how to do the work.  Also sending a letter to C Johnson Construction specifying changes or asking questions.  A general discussion followed with the consensus being that we need to tell the contractor what we want done and the contractor respond with sufficient detail.  Ask questions of Johnson Construction and the County, if necessary.
b.Directors and Officers insurance: Julie reported that the check sent for additional coverage was cashed in January 2023.
c.Steve reported that a Member questions the accuracy of their water meter and that the meter will be replaced when a new one is available.
d.Mark reported that he tried to follow up with Kingma CPA regarding comparative financials for the twelve months ending 5/31/21 and 5/31/22 but the CPA is not responding to his calls.  More to follow.
e.Water rate analysis: Following the water rate discussion at the 9/17/2022 Annual Meeting, the Board will review the 2022 full-year invoice data.  Myron presented tables and graphs that he had developed for the six 2022 billing periods.  A discussion followed.  Motion to keep rates the same made by JD, seconded by Julie.  Passed unanimously.
f.Related to the water rate discussion, Myron will develop draft a gallons per day table for the website for the next board meeting.  This table will include meter reading counts by gallon bracket.
g.Steve reported that he asked King Water to send an announcement of quarterly water billing along with the most recent water invoice.  That did not happen.  Steve also reported that King Water has promised to mail the announcement on 1/20/2023 at their expense.
a.Graig Habermann reported there was a short section of pipe on the water line between the meter and his home that was improperly installed, resulting in a leak.  He also reported that he had replaced this section, fixing the leak.  JD moved that the Board grant a one billing cycle rate reduction back to the base rate.  Julie seconded.  Passed with seven aye votes and Graig voting present.  JD to update King Water.
6.Visitor comment:
7.Next Meeting: Wednesday, February 15, 2023 at 6:00 PM.
8.Adjournment: 7:25 PM.
Respectfully submitted, Myron Parry