Dugualla Bay Heights
Board meeting held on September 21, 2002
Attending: Steve Hucke, Nadia Kent, Myron Parry, Graig Haberman, Chris Johnson, Larry Caton, Clint Christensen
Absent: Danny Kaiser, Shawn Albert
Guests: Leslie Wagner, Mark Van Wyngarden, Steve Johnson, Mike Legere
1.The meeting at the clubhouse was called to order at 6 PM by President Steve Hucke.
2.Minutes from 8/17/2022 Board Meeting: Motion to approve as submitted made by Chris; Nadia seconded the motion.  Passed unanimously.
3.Treasurer’s Report: See attached report.  Bank balance as of September 3, 2022 is $487,384.42 with $390,723.58 in money market account, $96,660.84 in checking account.  Difference from January - September 2022 is +$28,848.50.
a.Water main replacement report:
i.Steve Hucke reported that Corey Johnson of Johnson Construction is planning to submit a bid to replace the pipe along Shorecrest Drive.  Steve reported that he has contacted several contractors.  More to follow.
ii.Steve Hucke also reported that two repairs have been made recently, the most recent one to galvanized pipe at the east end of Shorecrest Drive.  Saltwater encroachment makes this area most susceptible to failure, so at this point Phase I of pipe replacement project is planned to be along Shorecrest Drive and Bay Front Lane.
b.Lagoon drain pipe cleaning:  Steve Hucke reported that Corey Johnson of Johnson Construction will clean out the pipe for no charge if it doesn’t work to confirm that he has the necessary equipment (hose length and type of nozzle).
c.Directors and Officers insurance: Following a question from 8/17/2022 Board meeting about what insurance, if any, is in place, Graig brought the policies to the meeting.  The Board briefly discussed the coverage.  More to follow.
a.Steve Hucke reported that Graig volunteered to be nominated for Treasurer at the next annual meeting.
b.The Board discussed preparations for the Annual Member Meeting:
i.Myron to print out the list of Members from King Water invoice list as vetted by Clint and Nadia.  Members to check in as they arrive (Chris Johnson to help check Members in as they arrive).  Myron will also print the handout explaining the proposed Director amendments to the By-Laws.
ii.Steve Hucke reported that Brian LaVere volunteered provide DJ music following the meeting for free.
iii.Nadia reported that she would pick up the food on the day of the meeting.
c.The Board discussed the capabilities of the duguallabay.org website to send broadcast emails to the Members.  Steve Johnson and Myron to review the mechanics of how this would work and report back to the Board.
d.Joe Ducken’s is the only property (that we know of) that does not have a water meter at this point.  Steve Hucke explained that there is no meter because no one knows where the water line to his property connects to the main.  Corey Johnson may have a way to determine where the line is located.  More to follow.
i.Mike Legere reported on Clubhouse rental activity.
ii.Mike also asked if he could open the clubhouse to Community students for school work on Thursdays from 3 to 6 PM.  Mike reported that other parents in the Community are interested in supporting this activity.  Mike will manage the sessions and keep the clubhouse clean.  Clint moved that we approve use of the clubhouse as a study hall with a parent present.  Graig seconded.  Passed unanimously.
iii.Mike Legere wants to host a Halloween activity for community youth.  Clint moved to make the Clubhouse available for a Halloween community event.  Nadia seconded.  Passed unanimously.
6.Visitor comment:
a.Leslie Wagner attended the meeting to see how board meetings operate.
7.Next Meeting: Wednesday, October 19, 2022 at 6:00 PM.
8.Adjournment: 6:55 PM.
Respectfully submitted, Myron Parry
Go Back